PRIVACY STATEMENT of ROBIN SPRONG WALLPAPER (PTY) LTD
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect –
Information You Provide Us: When you complete a Customer Profile or other form online or communicate with us via e-mail, letter, fax or phone, we receive and store the information you have provided.
This information is basic, including: name, addresses, phone, fax and cell phone numbers, e-mail address, interests and business information (if applicable). We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, communicating with you and customizing future services for you.
Third Party Vendors: In addition to collecting your information, we may have third party vendors who will also collect your information in order to provide the products and/or services you have requested (e.g. credit card companies or banks, fulfilment companies, call centres, suppliers, affiliates and marketing companies).
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. We can see what pages you click through, plus store items in your Shopping Cart between visits. The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will instruct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and/or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that disabling cookies will prevent you from using many of our services.
Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples may include, but not be limited to, updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by certain organizations; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers, and information from data providers.
You agree to provide accurate and complete personal information. Should you fail to provide accurate Personal Information: we may refuse to process your request for services/goods.
Why do we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- generally to improve your experience on our website.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to other companies. We share customer information only as described in this statement and with subsidiaries of ROBIN SPRONG WALLPAPER (PTY) LTD with controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow the practice at least as protective as that described in this Notice.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company.
If you do not want to receive e-mails or other mail from us, simply click the Preferences link at the footer of any email sent by ROBIN SPRONG WALLPAPER (PTY) LTD and you will be removed from our mailing list.
ROBIN SPRONG WALLPAPER (PTY) LTD may feature public forums where users with similar interests can share information and support one another or where users can post questions. Our communities are open to the public and should not be considered private.
Any information you share in any online community area is by design open to the public and is not private. You should think carefully before posting any personal information in any public forum. What you post can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. As with any public forum on any site, the information you post may also show up in third-party search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing etc.
Personal Information processed by us will not be routed/transferred to a third party in a foreign country or international organization.
If transferred the we will ensure that the recipient will be subject to law/agreement which provides similar protection to your personal information than the POPI Act.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Robin Sprong who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on (021) 447 9842.
In compliance with the provisions of the Promotion of Access to Information 2 of 2002 (PAIA), a copy of our manual is available for your perusal here.
Download Form 2 Request For Access To Record here
Download Form 3 Outcome of Request and Fees Payable here
If you are not satisfied with our response to your query, you may approach the following regulatory body for further assistance:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: POPIAComplaints@inforegulator.org.za